Source: Christopher L. Gasper, Boston Globe
Patriots RB Laurence Maroney preemptively stiff-armed any direct questions about the status of his shoulder, but he did say he feels he'll be physically capable of shouldering an increased workload with the departure of Corey Dillon.
"Yeah, most definitely," he said. "We've got a lot of good players on this team and I still don't feel like with Corey being gone and me moving up to the starting running back that the pressure is going to be on me because we still have 10 other people on this [offense] that are going to have to carry their load. I'm going to have to carry my part and we're all going to come together and put it together as a team effort." Maroney said he was able to benefit by taking mental reps during minicamp, but was noncommittal about taking real ones by the start of training camp July 27. "Everything is looking on pace to me," he said. "I don't have a projection. I'll be out there, hopefully, when I get out there, but until then, I'm going to work hard every day to get better."
No comments:
Post a Comment