Source: Andrew Mason, DenverBroncos.com
For quarterback Patrick Ramsey, the learning has rarely ceased during a pro career that enters its sixth season this year. The Broncos are his third team in that span, but the offensive system used by the team is the fourth scheme he's absorbed.
As a rookie in 2002, Ramsey immersed himself in Steve Spurrier's scheme with the Washington Redskins. Two years later, Joe Gibbs replaced Spurrier in Washington, forcing him to dive into offense No. 2. A 2006 move from the Redskins to the New York Jets gave him a third system to learn. But the Broncos' scheme might be the best one for a skill set that was formulated in a prolific spread offense at Tulane University during three seasons as a starter from 1999 through 2001. "It's difficult, but this one (Denver's offense) is making sense to me, it really is," Ramsey said. "It's something that I feel like I'm gathering and I'm coming on a little faster in this offense than I have in others." "I understand the investment they have in Jay (Cutler)," Ramsey said. "It's obvious." Where Cutler is now, Ramsey was four years ago with the Redskins. "It's a little bit different role," Ramsey said. "He's telling me various things about the offense and I'm telling him various things I've gathered here and there. We've got a real good relationship."
No comments:
Post a Comment