Source: Jason Whitlock, Kansas City Star
Kansas City Chiefs running back Larry Johnson said he is prepared to sit out training camp in an effort to secure a lucrative contract extension from the team.
"He's going to test me," Johnson said of team president Carl Peterson. He was asked, "Do you think you will have to hold out?" "I've talked with Herm (Edwards) about it," Johnson replied. "Herm said he doesn't even know the money I'm asking for. He said he doesn't really care. He said I've done a lot in terms of OTAs (organized team activities) and minicamp to buy into the program. He said he'll talk with Carl and those things will get handled. It all depends on how the upstairs people play it." "I'm prepared," Johnson said matter-of-factly. "They (my agent and father) got me saving money, ...to make sure that if it goes down like that, then I've got to be able to pace myself so I won't be in trouble." Johnson is scheduled to make $1.7 million this season and it is believed he is seeking a contract that falls between the deals given LaDainian Tomlinson ($21 million in guarantees) and Peyton Manning ($35 million in guarantees.)
No comments:
Post a Comment