Source: Steve Corkran, San Jose Mercury News
Oakland Raiders rookie quarterback JaMarcus Russell has seen increased participation in the Raiders OTA's due to QB Andrew Walter's recent knee surgery. Russell split time with QB Josh McCown running the first-team offense when the team's three-day minicamp opened Monday. "JaMarcus looked really good," HC Lane Kiffin said. "Without going back to watch the film, it was JaMarcus' best practice since he's been here. That was glaring to me. I'll see if I still see that once I see the film. He looked real confident." In addition, Russell's weight is down to 252 lbs, a loss of 13 lbs since the combine.
Kiffin also had high praise for McCown, who arguably had been the most consistent performer of the three candidates vying for the starting job after the release of Aaron Brooks. "(McCown) continues to make great decisions," Kiffin said. "He's a very accurate, very great decision-maker, audibles pretty much into the right plays, and has done a great job."
No comments:
Post a Comment