Source: Nick Eatman,DallasCowboys.com
"Yeah, I've changed my mechanics a little bit," Tony Romo said with a smile. "It's nothing big. But yeah, I've worked on a few things to try to get better. So, that's something that's different."
While that is the case for Romo, he's also playing along with the media and the notion that his off-the-field activities which have garnered much attention as of late are affecting his personality, and even more importantly, his play on the field. But Romo has said all along that shooting commercials, competing in golf tournaments or even socializing with bigger superstars than himself won't cut into his day job. Apparently, it hasn't cut into his time. "Well, he's here all the time," Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips said of Romo. "He's here extra. I mean, all of them have their own lives. These are grown men. But I've seen him here probably more than anybody else we have. So I believe in his commitment." "It's football. It's competition," said Romo, who attended all 11 OTA (Organized Team Activity) practice sessions and doesn't plan on missing any of the voluntary mini-camp practices this weekend. "I just like to come out here and compete and get better. And we're learning a lot out here. I just don't know why you wouldn't be out here. I really think I've gotten better because of it. So that's exciting." Romo said he was also excited to see full attendance for Friday's mini-camp practices, including starting receivers Terrell Owens and Terry Glenn, whose attendance at the OTA practices has been inconsistent. "Well, it was good to have all those guys out there," Romo said. "But I have confidence in those guys. I've never really worried about that. Honestly, I think it's easier for these receivers to learn the offense. All they have to do is listen for their number (in the huddle) and they know what they're doing." "It's a tough combination to have a strong arm, with a quick release," Romo said. "So I've always tinkered with the idea of how do I maintain both. This off-season, I'm trying to find ways to do both. But that's nothing new. I change my mechanics probably every year. What I've learned is there's always a way to get faster with your release." Has it worked? Obviously, it's too early to tell, considering the Cowboys are still running around in shorts and T-shirts. "But I'm feeling like I'm throwing the ball better than I ever have," Romo said.
No comments:
Post a Comment