Source: Bill Coats, St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Rams RB Steven Jackson is setting some lofty goals. "My goal is 2,500 total yards from scrimmage," Jackson said. "And how I get it doesn't matter. But I want to get to that number." Jackson had 436 touches last season, and only the Chief's Larry Johnson had more, with 457. The Rams, however, would like to lessen Jackson's workload, which is partly why they drafted Rutgers RB Brian Leonard in the second round this year. "We've just got to be able to manage how much (Jackson) plays," Linehan said.
Jackson understands, to a degree. "My philosophy is, to be considered great in the National Football League you have to be the marquee guy, you have to shoulder the burden of the running game," he said. "This is a business, and as an organization, we do have to have guys to be ready to come in and play and protect ourselves as an offensive unit and as a team. ... "But me, I cherish the moments when I can put myself in tough situations and come out on top." "Some people may feel that I'm reaching," Jackson said of shooting for 2,500. "But I believe goals are to be set, and then you just go after them."
No comments:
Post a Comment